Sunday, March 6, 2011

What I'm working on now!

Let's see...I just bought some crochet patterns on Etsy (I love CraftyAnna!) to make some toys for my daughter, and for my newest nephew, who hasn't arrived yet.  I also bought yarn to make some of the things I've already printed.  I've been on a bit of a yarn kick lately--crocheting things, mostly.  My grandma taught me to crochet when I was 8, so now, when I am in my early 40s, I can crochet "like the wind", so to speak.  I can knit, but it takes longer, and sometimes I get frustrated with it.  I like short-term knitting projects!  Hats, socks, that kind of thing. 

On my desk, I have a dish of beads, lucite flower beads in bags that I just took out of their shipping envelope, a collection of items I've recently made and need to be photographed and posted on Etsy, beads that I recently dug up and need to do something with, and a bunch of other stuff that I need to clean up and organize.  But...I'm tired and have a sinus headache, so...I'm going to take a shower and then go downstairs, plunk myself in my comfy chair, and break out the yarn--hmm...which project will I start today?  I'm thinking some baby shoes/booties for my sister's baby.  I downloaded an adorable free project for sea monster booties, and I think they'd be a hit!  I also bought a sock monkey hat and booties pattern, and want to start that, too.  Oh, the decisions!!  But it will be nice to put my feet up.

Spent the weekend with my parents.  My mom came out for the Sewing Expo in Puyallup this weekend, so we did a whirlwind afternoon tour of the show, and came home with tired feet and sore backs, but lots of goodies!  Maybe I'll post a list of them later.  On Saturday, I took my parents around for a drive through areas that are changing around here since they moved.  We went to Trader Joe's, had lunch at a local hole-in-the-wall Mexican food place (very good food), went grocery shopping, then mom and I had our hair cut.  THEN we went back out to a scrapbooking store that we had passed which had posted 50-70% off Going-out-of-Buisness sale (where I spent almost $100...but what a deal!!), followed by a trip to Michael's so that I could pick up some yarn for the patterns I'd bought.  It was 6 pm by the time we got home, exhausted. 

I spent most of the morning snoozing in my chair while my daughter played, the dog barked, and the husband took care of things.  He knew I was pooped!  :)  Maybe I can get him to take us out to dinner tonight?  Hmm....

Anyway, I think he's out of the shower now.  My turn!  Kidlet's still napping...woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment