Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3 quickie

Sigh...why do people set off fireworks before the 4th??  My husband's theory is that they are people who have never had pets or kids.  I'm inclined to agree.  I believe it is inconsiderate to set off fireworks prior to the 4th, especially at night, when kids are going to bed, etc.  Yes, it is a Sunday and tomorrow's a holiday, but it doesn't matter...save it for the actual holiday, willya??

Working on a cap-sleeve cardigan for my daughter.  I'm about halfway through with it.  I sat out on the patio knitting while she played with the dog, bubbles and the sandbox.  For once, my husband had the time to sit out there and relax with us.  I have many things to do, of course, but... somehow, cleaning house just isn't something I felt like doing today.  Tomorrow, we'll have to pick up the downstairs...Ella has been making it her usual state of chaos again.  Then we'll need to vacuum, and I'll have to clean the bathroom.  My mother-in-law is coming, so...better have it looking tidy! 

I really want to sew and do more embroidery, but...other stuff keeps getting in the way.

The good news is that Wednesday, I'm dropping the barnacle off at daycare/preschool while my MIL and I run down to Vancouver to go to Fabric Depot--or, as I call it, Fabric Mecca!  With so many JoAnn's around here, there is just no variety.  Nor any good quality, to be honest.  And since they are having 30 % off everything...I can't NOT go! 

Another rocket just went off next to my house...grrr....many curses running through my head.  My favorite for the day:  "May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!"

No comments:

Post a Comment