Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Creative Brain at Work

Yes, it is almost 2 am.  Why am I still up?

I've had a flurry of creative energy the last few days, and made a bunch of jewelry.  Today I photographed a large number of the items, and then spent my evening cropping and fixing photos in Photoshop, then listing a few of them on Etsy.

Here are a few of the goodies I've made:


 

Strange that I can't seem to put those side-by-side...grrr...

Anyway...I also took a picture of a work in progress that I really like:


This is a pendant!  I found the inspiration on Fusion Beads' website:  http://www.fusionbeads.com/inspiration/inspiration_detail.php?ipid=2458 
Of course, I have a vast quantity of flower beads, so...without reading the instructions, I went to work.  Later, I read the instructions to see how they did it.  I used crimp beads under the flower heads, while they used G-S Hypo Cement to glue the beads in place.  Oh.  Oh, well.  I did just about everything else the same way, except that I had trouble getting enough of the flowers in the "vase"...so I improvised.  I inserted several flower stems into the vase without securing them to a jump ring or the loop inside the vase--it was too bulky.  So I just tucked them in, arranged them the way I liked them, and dribbled some Diamond Glaze into the bottom. 

Oops--it dribbled out a bit, so I had to do some emergency cleanup there, and to keep the whole thing sitting upright, I used a spool of thread as a stabilizer.  After the initial application of glue, I figured the bottom was now sealed, so I added some more Diamond Glaze to the interior of the vase, which glued the flower stems in position (they were a bit floppy).  Now that they've had time to set, the pendant is really cool!  I'll have to take a finished photo of it later.

While I had my camera out, I took a picture of another work in progress...or rather, several.  I make crocheted necklaces, and after I've done the thread work, I then stitch clasps into the ends, and then seal them with Fray Check.  While they dry, I hang them over the crook arm of my Ott-Lite.  I just liked the play of light on the curtain of beads, so I took a picture:

Next on the list is photographing these necklaces and getting those up on Etsy--they are my best sellers!  :)

Ok...I'm tired now.  Well, I was before, but now I'm REALLY tired.  I hope I don't have another school dream/nightmare again!!

I got this in a recent e-mail:  "I don't think of them as chin hairs, they are misplaced Eyebrows"....



No comments:

Post a Comment