Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Ideas Keep Burning

Why is it that when you go to bed at night, your brain literally spins out new ideas and things you want to make and do, and yet, you are tired and want to go to sleep, but you can't because of all the stuff running through your head??  I hate that.  But I've been inspired by the works of others, and want to play with beads!!  I've been on a beading kick this week, and it is continuing through this week, I think. 

I'm blaming Deborah Roberti for my latest sleeplessness.  Her website and blog have got me wanting to play with my crystals and seed beads and make gorgeous bracelets and earrings!  It started with browsing free patterns on Sova's beading pattern website, where I found Deborah's free patterns for skinny bracelets.  Skinny Bracelet II really worked out great--I made one in pink, silver, and crystal as a wedding bracelet to sell on Etsy, but then I started playing with my bicones, and ended up making a full-color spectrum bracelet with gold seed beads.  I won't call it a rainbow, because it doesn't really look like one, but it uses every color I had (or almost...I didn't include brown or black), and instead of using bicones and 4mm firepolish crystals, I used all bicones.  It is gorgeous.  As soon as I take a pic, I'll post it.  (Not that anyone's reading this)

Bedtime looms.  Heartburn tickles my throat threateningly...tonight my husband made Indian chicken, using a Butter Curry Chicken package from Cost Plus, and Trader Joe's lentils as a side, and Jasmine rice.  And some garlic naan.  I have to confess that my favorites are the naan and the lentils.  I always end up with "mouth on fire" with the chicken.  And rice just isn't my fave.  But I eat it, because he loves it.  And now I'm paying the price.  Ugh.

Saw "Paul" today--loved it!  I created an alien-themed treasury on Etsy as a result:  Alien on Board!

Yeah, I'm a geek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment